Friday, July 2, 2010

From the I-Pod with love

Brief notes from the first few days:
My luggage decided to stay behind in Istanbul for the extended holiday weekend. I got all the toiletries I needed. A guy from the embassy lent me contact solution and a woman some clothes and razors. Washing every night. I had a rough time packing for the month and thought to myself, "Wow, I am really attached to my stuff." The next flight from Istanbul is early Monday morning.

My temp apartment is big enough to swallow my condo and still have room for dessert. It is very nice and newly remodeled.

It is very hot,like Utah in the summer. I played tourist this morning and walked to
some monuments, but quickly wilted and retreated to a cafe called Segafredo, which has become my main source of meals and wifi.

Party tonight for one of the outgoing teachers and 4th of July picnic tomorrow at the embassy. I move into my actual apartment this weekend and meet my students Tuesday.



I probably should have studied a little Russian before coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment