Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tajikistan-1, Me-0

Tajikistan kicked my trash today, and it's only 1:30pm.

Plans for today
Go to the bank for cash
Go to the antiquity museum
Prep for class tomorrow.

What really happened
Went out to try an ATM.
Called Mimi to send a taxi
Went to the bank but couldn't get cash.
Went home to email my credit union and research other options if ATM card stops working.
Started walking to the museum.
Got a call from Mimi to turn around and meet her at a cafe, so she could go to the bank with me.
Started walking toward cafe and got another call from Mimi to go home.
Went home and did more research on my credit cards and Western Union.
Called the driver to take me to the bank again at 1:00pm.
Another call from Mimi not to go to the bank and to wait for her until 2:00pm.
Driver pulls up just then, so I go to the bank anyway to try again.
Success on getting money (for today).
Back home.
Blog to process what just happened to the morning :).

No comments:

Post a Comment